Friday, February 7, 2014

The Beauty of a Woman

Women, upon you rests the privilege, the power, and the ability to guide and shape the future of humanity.

A few years ago I wrote an article for a Catholic youth blog on The Dignity of Women.Today I heard something that expanded everything I wrote then into even greater depth.
As a male there is nothing more beautiful to me than a woman. Yes that includes the physical, but stretches far beyond as well. The spiritual quality many women posses, their ability to see things in the people around them. The ability to nurture and care. And the unique ability to so closely participate in something only God Himself holds... Creation.
I can not even begin to describe how awesome and utterly beautiful I think that is!
The ability to carry a created life within you... I wish I could find the words. But today like I said, I heard something that makes that even more amazing to me.

It seems even in tragedy women bring about grace. In pregnancy a woman apparently holds within her, some of the cells of her child, post birth. This includes in the case of a miscarriage. We trust that this child, having committed no sin, and being in heaven, is a saint by virtue of those circumstances.
In this case then, the woman becomes the vessel of holy relics in the cells she carries from that child!
And those can remain within her for decades.

Women really do have the ultimate power in life, and in tragedy.
They bring forth and shape the people who will guide our future, and they can sanctify those still here through their suffering, and their sacrifices.

1 comment:

  1. You're awesome and this blog is beautiful.

    This blog post is beautiful--it's refreshing to find people who see things differently, as they really are.

    I'm excited to see you blog more and blessed to have you as a friend! :)

    ReplyDelete